One of the examples of life goals worth setting is about giving, because it’s true that the more you give, the more you get in return.
The sad truth is, most of us live pretty egoistically: we make ourselves feel good and do what makes our life comfortable, but that also means putting the happiness of those we love aside, and never considering helping those around us in any way we can.
Giving doesn’t need to mean donating money or even joining an organization. It’s about leaving behind your own wants and needs, every now and then, to see if you can be of help to others. Also, it’s proven to make us way more satisfied with our lives, rather than when we’re just focusing on ourselves.
Here are some examples of things you can begin doing:
- When socializing, listen more and respond as genuinely as possible
- Give advice when necessary, encourage others to try again after failure, be their biggest supporter, and remind them of the potential within
- Love without expecting to receive the same in return
- Share what you have when you can
- Donate things that you aren’t really using
- Be kind to anyone you meet
- Seek opportunities to do good things to others, whether it’s helping an old woman cross the street, giving a dollar to a homeless person, not judging when somebody is sharing their opinion, etc